24 HR. EMERGENCY 793-4666
The mission of McMurry University Security is to "Protect the assets of McMurry University." We define assets as "People, Property, Information, and Time." Our students are our biggest asset. This means we will do our best to protect them and their property, as well as the property of the University. We are not Peace Officers. We are Non-Commissioned Security Officers, and follow all laws of the State of Texas that pertain.
Meet the Security Staff
Goals of McMurry University Security
- To protect the assets of McMurry University
- To provide a safe environment to study and work
- Improve the living environment of our students in our Residence Halls
- Watch for any safety hazards that might occur on our campus
McMurry University started its own security department in November of 1992 with a staff of four uniformed officers and increased to six in a short time. The officers at McMurry are non-commissioned security officers and work in three shifts giving our campus 24 hour coverage.
- Enforce McMurry's Rules & Regulations
- Locking, unlocking, & securing buildings
- Escorting students across campus
- Jump start car batteries Unlock vehicles for students & staff
- Enforce motor vehicle regulations
- Patrol campus grounds & parking lots
- Register vehicles and issue parking permits Permits and IDs
Parking Permits and ID Cards
- Where: Student Affairs office in President Hall
- When: 9 a.m. to 12 P.m. and from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Cost: Parking permits are free
- ID Cards initial issue are free, replacement cards are 410
- Call 325-793-4680 8 A.M. TO 5 P.M. Monday through Friday with any questions
- Download and fill out the appropriate form:
Employee Auto Registration Form PDF
Student Auto Registration Form PDF
Additional Resources & Information
View McMurry's Crime Statistics under the Campus Crime Act.
If you see or have seen a violation of the student code of conduct or a crime committed on campus that you would like to report anonymously you may fill out the Silent Witness form and all information will be kept in the strictest of confidence!
Silent Witness Form
If you see any problems, have any concerns, recommendations, or ideas regarding campus lighting or safety issues please let our department know by filling out this form.
For weather, road conditions, and other security information.
Campus Motor Vehicle Regulations
Registration of Sex Offenders
For more Information
Director of Security
1458 Ross Street
325-793-4780 [Call: (325) 793-4780]
24 HR. EMERGENCY: 793-4666